Wednesday, September 3, 2014

It's been a while...

It's been quite some time since I last wrote here on Pine Cones and Crayons.  I lost steam.  I began to question why I was doing this in the first place.  Was it a case of personal catharsis?  Did I hope that this blog would eventually become widely read, even profitable?  I'm really not sure.

In the end, though, perhaps it doesn't really matter.  I'll write because I love to write and because a part of me still believes that this is what I was born to do.  I'll write about whatever I want, too.  That's the beauty of a blog.  It's `one of the very few forums where you have complete freedom and license to put your thoughts on paper.  Worst case scenario, no one reads what you have to say.  But at least you've sent those words out into the universe.

And I may not know exactly what I am going to get out of writing this, but I do know who I am writing for and what I hope to give them.  I am writing for everyone out there who found themselves in mommyhood and then thought, "what am I supposed to do?"  This is for anyone who looked into their child's eyes and wanted to know how to make their childhood something special.  This is for anyone who has taken on the monumental challenge of shaping a life and a future.  For these people, I hope to give my ideas and my inspiration, but also let them know that they are enough.

No comments: